To develop an environmentally and economically sustainable business and be as carbon neutral as possible.
- The avoidance of emissions to the ecosystem
- Reduction of waste to a minimum
- The introduction of products that are environmentally consistent with their intended use by providing a high level of durability, reliability, ease of maintenance and safe disposal at end of life
- Conservation of resources by use of recycling
- Active participation in industry initiatives and projects that improve environmental impact
- Raising environmental awareness by regular and open communication with employees, suppliers, customers and shareholders
- Careful selection of materials, processing techniques and state of the art technology to reduce environmental impact
Polyflor has for many decades been recognised as a leading global manufacturer of high quality, high performance floorcoverings. As pioneers of commercial vinyl flooring, we have recently been awarded a third Queen's Award for Enterprise, for International Trade 2011.
Since the last report Polyflor has made particular progress in a number of key areas, including:
The Recofloor waste vinyl flooring take-back scheme really started to build up momemtum in 2011, increasing the amount of post consumer vinyl being recycled.
In 2011 Polyflor moved to a fleet of LGVs with Euro 5 compliant engines for lower emissions.
Installation & NPD
SimpLay, a new loose-lay product was launched for easy, adhesive free installation, further minimising Polyflor's environmental impact and VOC emissions.
Many of our flooring ranges were certificated through the Indoor Air Comfort Gold scheme, with the VOC emissions' results being exceptionally low. This was great news as this is the most comprehensive and stringent test on the market - even including an odour test where our products performed exceptionally well.